Practice Acquisition & Management
Work with veterinary practice owners to evaluate, acquire and transition their practice to new ownership. Develop a customized role for practice owners post sale. Develop and achieve practice goals by investing in staff, facilities, equipment and team culture.
- Acquired multiple practices in Illinois and Indiana beginning in 2005
- Worked with each former practice owner to create a specific role post acquisition to meet their needs. Several of the former owners continue to work 5+ years after sale while others transitioned to retirement more quickly.
- Maintained community feel and identity of each practice while continuing to invest in medical and staff capabilities
The care and effort Greg has invested in Lansing Animal Hospital has exceeded my expectations. My former business partner and I feel fortunate to have placed our practice in such great hands. The fact that I still enjoy practicing at Lansing seven years later says it all.— Dr. Larry Booher, former practice owner, Lansing Animal Hospital
Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine
Collaborate with Purdue University College of Veterinary Medicine leaders to advance medical and instructional mission of the college in Northwest Indiana.
- Advanced the affiliate partnership between Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine and North Central Veterinary Emergency Center
- Helped to develop and fund shared critical care residency program with NCVEC and the Critical Care Department at Purdue
- Initiated Quarterly Continuing Education Series featuring presentations by Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine faculty to Northwest Indiana veterinarians
- Served as Lecturer of elective course for veterinary students on practice management and practice success skills
Greg has demonstrated great value to the College of Veterinary Medicine — as a business person, thought partner, and lecturer. We look forward to furthering our relationship in the years to come.— Willie M. Reed, DVM, PhD, Dean, Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine / Chicago Center for Veterinary Medicine
Work with University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine leaders to evaluate strategic alternatives for the primary care practice at the Chicago Center for Veterinary Medicine.
- Analyzed practice financial and operational data and compared to industry benchmarks
- Worked with doctors, staff and practice leaders to identify practice strengths and areas for additional investment
- Developed financial projections for practice under a variety of strategic scenarios
- Presented findings and recommendations to college leadership and faculty members
North Central Veterinary Emergency Center
Provide focused leadership to an emergency hospital with 36 founding veterinarian partners and continually deliver new ideas and opportunities to advance practice objectives.
- Significantly increased NCVEC’s revenue and raised the value of ownership shares
- Enhanced doctor and staff educational and training opportunities in collaboration with Purdue College of Veterinary Medicine Critical Care Department
- Designed, built and opened a second location to more fully serve the Northwest Indiana region with emergency and specialty care
Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI)
Develop partnership with national leading pet insurance company (VPI) to advance the development of financial products for veterinary practices
- Piloted VPI products and services within OVM practices
- Analyzed results of pilot program and shared findings and analyses with VPI and veterinary industry professionals
- Provided constructive feedback to enhance value of VPI services to veterinary practices nationwide
- Served as Member of VPI’s Veterinary Advisory Board beginning in 2014
Greg has been a welcomed partner in the pilot and launch of our preventative care plan offering, P&WS. His thoughtful feedback and data analysis have been very helpful to our sales, marketing, and operations efforts. We consider Greg an important part of our team!— Dr. Carol McConnell — Chief Veterinary Officer at VPI